Thursday, April 23, 2015

Online Education Review

While I have had friends who had bad experiences with online classes, I feel like I have been very fortunate. I've taken four classes that were completely online, and they were all fantastic.

All of my online classes have either been with Laura (Myth-Folklore and Indian Epics) or Sterlin Mosley (Intro to Women and Gender Studies and Gender Communication). Both teachers have been great online instructors and really helped and taken an interest in the student's education. The flexibility that online courses offer is so convenient. The ability to work ahead some and have multiple days to do reading and assignments (instead of like one set class period) is great, especially when I've been taking other intense, traditional classes.

While my women and gender studies online classes definitely taught me how to use the web services of the school (like D2L), one of the things I've loved the most about Laura's classes has been getting to learn about other internet tools, like blogging and website building sites. The tech tips and helped me so much! Because of Laura's classes I've learned how to set up blogs for my outside writings as well as for projects for other classes. Last August, when I began looking over our first week assignment for the Myth-Folkore class, I was kind of scared and overwhelmed with all of the new technological things I would be learning. However, Laura made it simple to learn with her guides and it's been a lot of fun to learn. I've learned so many useful technological things in the class that I will be able to use throughout college and far into my career.
Internet Tree. Pixabay.

No comments:

Post a Comment