Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 1: Overview

I'm excited to read the epic stories for this class. I've never learned anything about India or Indian traditions before, so this class will be mostly all new for me. I'm particularly looking forward to learning about the gods and goddesses in the stories. I have not learned much about Indian culture either, although in some of my anthropology or general religion classes we discussed India and/or Southern Asia a little bit, never in much detail.
(Bharata and Rama)
While I've never read any epics from India, I have read other epics from Ancient Greek religion, like The Odyssey and the Iliad. I've also always loved epic stories in books, movies, and TV shows, like the Game of Thrones series, Lord of the Rings, and such. Both of those specifically I have watched and read and are some of my favorite series'.  I am looking forward to reading the epic stories from India.
Rings Trilogy Poster


No comments:

Post a Comment